What is The Lands of Arekoz? The Lands of Arekoz is a D&D 5th Edition campaign world. This document is designed to give you everything you need to know to create characters and adventures in the Lands of Arekoz. The feel is similar to Europe in the 11th century, with several other cultures, and even other races. Dwarves who dwell in the mountains, elves who live in forests, and halflings who cheerfully dwell in their burrows are known, but many common folk never see them. Magic also exists, but is feared, sometimes suppressed and rarely ever encountered. The power of the gods is undeniable, and many unpleasant aspects of life are attributed to beings unseen.
Requirement for character creation:
- Please stick with items from the Player’s Handbook only for now to keep things simple for everyone.
- Your character must be of good or neutral alignment and willing to work with others and speak Common. No evil/loners.
- Another character could be your friend, contact or other acquaintance.
- Not a requirement at all, but a character not the same gender as the player strains my immersion and suspension of disbelief.
- Please keep an up-to-date PDF or image of your character sheet on the site in your profile.
- Please no digital dice rollers.
- Please no digital character sheets during the game.
- Get off my lawn, whipper-snapper.
Player character options summary.
To keep things simple, let’s stick to the PHB classes and options I’d rather not have to be looking up things in multiple books if it can be avoided, at least in the beginning.
Let’s use a standard point array and non-rolled HP (max for first level, of course).
- Human (Icefolk or Westfolk, others available with a good background story)
- Dwarf (mountain or hill)
- Elf (high or wood)
- Barbarian (only Icefolk)